Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Memory Lane






 In Junior high school we had noon Penny dances in the school gym on Fridays.  You'd pay a penny to get in. They were our "Sock hops", no shoes in the gym.  We'd love this. A chance to dance at school.

   In High school there was a dance every Friday night. In those days I learned to sew and I would make a new dress every week for the dance. I looked forward to those nights and waiting on the gym steps lined up for the dance. "Aqua Net" hairspray and my teased hair, wearing a new dress I had just made and hoping the boys I liked would ask me for a dance.  Hearing them announce "Last Dance" always make my heart skip a beat. If I got asked to dance that last dance by someone I liked it was pretty incredible. Didn't happen often but when it did it was the best feeling.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin