Saturday, March 5, 2022

Two Years Ago March 2020

 

My friend  Judy posted this and that began a long chain of where we were in early March  two years ago. Who could have imagined how our lives would change. This is what I posted March 8, 2020:”At 4 1/2 years Sofia is bilingual and while now she has fully surpassed me in speaking and comprehension of Italian she knows I do understand when she speaks to me in that language. She doesn’t ever volunteer to speak to me in Italian, she avoids it. But last night while we lay in bed in the dark we talked about the day we had. We talked about her favorite parts of the day and all the fun we had and we giggled so much. Finally I had to say we have to stop talking now and go to sleep. She snuggled up close and said “Gramma TI VOGLIO Tantissimo!” (I love you very much). Oh my gosh Sofia if you only knew how that made this gramma feel.”

In March 2020 the world closed down because of Covid. This was a good reminder as we endured two years of quarantine.

"Going outdoors is not cancelled, listening to music is not cancelled, quality time with our families is not cancelled, reading a book is not cancelled, sharing with friends is not cancelled, singing out loud is not cancelled, laughing has not been cancelled, sharing HOPE with others has not been cancelled.  Let's embrace what we have."

We have learned to live life in a different way. We have learned new lessons on what brings joy and a renewed appreciation for the basic things that fill our hearts with happiness.
 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin