Thursday, March 17, 2022

St. Patrick's Day Traditions

 


These are the pins my girls would wear once a year on St.Paddys day. You may think it a bit odd but our Japanese family really embraced this holiday. Growing up we always had corned beef and cabbage and all the traditional sides for this holiday. As married adults my sister in law Barb hosted an annual st. Patrick’s day party. Her house was fully decorated with shamrock garlands and green everything-even green desserts. Everyone dressed in green and we became the O’Yamadera’s and the O’Cabot’s. Happy St. Patrick’s day to all the Irish friends and to all those that will be Irish for the day! Can you guess what we’ll be having for dinner tonight?

 


 
Rocco:”My mom sent me to school on St. Patrick’s day in this shirt! I told my classmates the dinosaur is green!” Sofia had green milk. That’s the next generations twist on tradition.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin