Sunday, May 19, 2019

Lisa See and "The Island of Sea Women"

  I was fortunate to be among 200 audience members at the Sky room at the beautiful Cerritos library to listen to author Lisa See speak about her latest book "The Island of Sea Women" in April. This moving novel spans generations and wars and focuses on the friendship of two women. It is about love and heartbreak, strength and forgiveness. I finished reading this book prior to hearing her speak because I wanted to understand how she researched and processed all the history of these women that were featured in this story. Lisa See is one of my favorite authors and is as delightful and engaging a speaker as she is a gifted writer. Happy to have shared this night with my friends Lynda, Tracy and Donna. 















Image may contain: 2 people, including Jocelyn Yamadera Cassano, people smiling

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin