Friday, August 23, 2019

More Thoughts on our 38th Wedding Anniversary

Today Mike and I celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary. I found this card that our daughter Athena sent us 8 years ago. I love these thoughts. “The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life.”
“Marriage is choosing someone again and again to love and to cherish"-anonymous
on a card sent by our daughter Athena to us on our 30th anniversary




I still remember the day we took this photo in my apartment on La Grange Avenue in West Los Angeles. It was 1975 and we had just started dating. We set up the camera to take this photo. I don't know why we did this but I'm so glad we did. 


I like this comment from our friend Mitra. "Beautiful story! Looking at your pictures and you both were looking so young so sweet and so darling and I hear this song from Shania Twain in my head” When I first saw you I saw love..... looks like we made it..
Happy 38 Anniversary dear Barb and Mike!"


 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin