Thursday, August 15, 2019

Grandma's Christmas Brooch

My friend Katy asked for a photo of the 1950's brooch I bought my grandma at Bullocks dept. store in downtown Los Angeles. It cost $3.00 which for me was a lot of money. I was looking for something with "big diamonds". I kept the brooch after she passed away. I didn't know then that costume jewelry early on could be stamped by the designer. Upon photographing this piece today I see it is stamped "Eisenberg". If you are in the market today for a pretty piece of costume jewelry I recommend buying from a vintage/retro/second hand store. The quality of these pieces of jewelry are much better in my opinion than new costume jewelry. Here is my grandma's Xmas brooch circa 1950's.

 Image may contain: jewelry


 No photo description available.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin