Saturday, August 17, 2019

"Grandma, What Does Joey Bishop Say?"

In the early 1960's there was a very popular comedian named Joey Bishop. He had his own show from approximately 1961-1965.  My grandmother loved this show. He was probably her favorite comedian.  One of his signature lines was "SON-OF-A-GUN".  My grandmother would laugh and laugh when he said this. One day for some reason my brother and I asked her "Grandma what does Joey Bishop say?" and she answered "SON-OF-A-BITCH! SON-OF-BITCH! "  My brother and I laughed so hard  we were rolling on the floor.  From then on at various times, in front of our friends or by ourselves, we'd ask my grandma that question and she always gave us the same answer.  It was so hilarious.  (I'm not sure where my grandma learned that from  but we never corrected her.)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin